Saturday, January 12

Boot Cut

J Crew Jacket (old, but similar here), American Apparel Dress,  Vintage Boots (these are an amazing alternative)

Contrary to popular belief and unfortunately falsely portrayed in Sex and the City (my cinematic bible), New Yorkers do not traipse around in high heels –let alone manolo blahniks- day in and day out. 




One of my very favorite things to do in the city is walk around the west village.  What with the townhouses covered in creeping ivy, amazing restaurants and local coffee shops on every corner and the most darling little boutiques up and down Bleeker I find myself wandering to that side of town every weekend (weather permitting). 


And, as much as I try my feet simply refuse to be wedged, pinched and shoved into heels and suffer for miles.  I’ve found these are a great and much less painful alternative.  If it were possible I would absolutely be one of those girls who only wears heels a la Carrie Bradshaw.  Unfortunately I have thus far been unsuccessful not only in my heels-only policy but in my quest to secure even one pair of shoes (let alone an entire closet) of Carrie-esque high heels.  One day, one day.

XO Case


No comments:

Post a Comment